Friday 30 November 2007

A bit of this and a bit of that

Today I am just posting a bit of anything that takes my fancy!!

I have FINALLY finished my Mum's cabinet. I posted about it here a while ago. I bought the lovely handles from the gorgeous Ali. I can't wait to get it to my Mum, but as she lives 1 1/2 hrs away I hope to get it there in the next 2 weeks.
Oh, and if you are wondering what is in the windows of it, it's just some masking tape on the mirrors. I took the photo in the garage.




On Wednesday we woke up and decided to jump in the car and head to my Mum and Dad's house for the day. Was so nice!! My Mum wasn't working for the day and my sister is officially on maternity so we had a great day. With the 3 kids in car, we headed off! My kids really are good in the car, so it makes the trip very bearable. They do have their moments, don't get me wrong!!! I just keep handing the food over (don't tell my husband I was letting them eat in the new car - ssshhhhh).

My sister has been hanging in there with this baby. Last weekend we were all positive she was having the baby as there were sooo many symptoms, however she is still here. Now I am messaging her 3 times a day and I know she is over it. She is not due until Christmas Eve, but I doubt she could go that far. Time will tell though. She told me today "don't bother packing your bag to come as I am thinking about unpacking mine. I will be induced the way this is going". I had to chuckle to myself!

We put up the Christmas Tree today. I didn't take a daylight photo so i just put this one in for fun. I am very traditional and not at all over the top when it comes to Christmas decorating. Personally I only like a couple of things here and there. I am a green, red, silver and gold kinda girl. I like my tree to only consist of lights and matching baubles. I don't know how long my tree will last up with a 2 and a 1 year old attacking it all day. Last year it got too much for me, so I took all the baubles off and only left the lights on it. I know, I know BORING!!!!! :)


Who snuck that in there??? I got so many emails about my hair that I have posted it. As my girlfriends and I call each other - Muttsy (mutton dressed up as lamb hahahaha). So trying to look 20!

Also I have added a few more random photos of my munchkins after their baths the other night. Cruise (nearly 6), Tex (nearly 3) and Chevy (1)......









16 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Katrina, Thanks for your kind message on my blog.
Love the way your mum's cabinet turned out. the glass handles just finish it off.
Would be great if your sister had her baby before christmas and was home to share the day with the family.
Love the pics of your 3 rascals!
So Muttsy nice hair. You can always pretend to be 20!!
Alison

Chris Kauffman said...

The cabinet looks fabulous, I love it, lucky mom, I love those key holes, as well your hair looks great.
Chris

Chris Kauffman said...

The cabinet looks fabulous, I love it, lucky mom, I love those key holes, as well your hair looks great.
Chris

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

The cabinet turned out lovely! I know your Mom is going to like it for sure!

Love your hair - very cute!

And speaking of cute...The boys are adorable! I raised 4 boys...aren't they fun?
Penny

Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina, such a lovely post! The cabinet is beautiful, love the glass handles. And your hair is lovely, the colour is great, love how it flicks out. Don't we all want to be 20 again, well maybe not 20, 20ish!! Have a lovely Sunday. Jenn and Jacqui

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi again!
Yes, real trees do smell wonderful! All Piney.....
Where I live a live 8 foot tall tree costs about $60.00. But where I get mine from, they last until New Years, without losing a needle..
Penny

roseroomnz.com said...

Love the cabinet and your hair, nothing wrong with being a Muttsy:) Don't you just love kids when they are freshly bathed, all warm and clean and snuggly:)

Sandra Evertson said...

Beautiful blog!
And what a bunch of little cuteies!
Sandra Evertson

Unknown said...

Great job on the cupboard, hope your mum liked it!
The hair thing?? You only look 21, just like me!! I wish!!
Your boys are gorgeous, I miss that time so much, soak it in cause it doesnt last long enough.I might be joining you this year when it comes to the tree...I still cant find the one!
Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina,
Your mum's cabinet looks fantastic - you did such a great job on it!
Cute pics of your boys and your hair looks lovely!!
Kathy :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina,
Your mum's cabinet looks fantastic - you did such a great job on it!
Cute pics of your boys and your hair looks lovely!!
Kathy :)

Anonymous said...

OMG!! The cupboard is devine!! what a fantastic job you did on it, your mum will just LOVE it!! I love the handles I think they finish it off perfectly!! Mandii

Lori said...

Hi Katrina! the cabinet looks absolutely amazing, what a great re~do...and you are so CUUUTE!!! love the hair...and your littles are so very sweet!!!

Ali said...

Hello cutie, well hon you have done a great job on the cabinet. Big job isn't it? Looks great hon and what lovely littlies you have. Freshly bathed and ready for bed, my favourite lol. oxoxo talk soon hon. ox

Artifax said...

I was laughing when I read about you wondering how long you tree would last with the children giving it special attention! We are waiting to put ours up because that's exactly what happened here last year :)

Anonymous said...

hey there sweet's, how did your mum like the cabinet?? bet she was gobsmacked at how devine it turned out!! Good on you again!! Mands