Friday 9 November 2007

So much to do

Always the way isn't it - if it doesn't rain it pours???? I suddenly seem to have so much on the go. After not having a computer for 2 weeks I seemed to use my time very well. My house had never been cleaner, the washing was always done and I even enjoyed reading. Tells me something doesn't ????? Too much time on the computer haha. Yes and I did miss it terribly and don't think I could go with out it EVER again. People say, well I didn't miss it really. But I disagree! I missed it too much. I love to check the weather everyday, I love music from youtube, and I really missed my friends!!

Anyway, back to what I was saying about being busy....

Firstly, we have decided to sell our house and build another. My husband has been on about it for a while and I finally gave in. I love my house and we have only been for 14 months, but I know in the long run it will be worth it as we will build something a bit bigger and this one will have a pool. The worst part about the selling is the waiting and the renting! Arrrr I am not going to like the renting at all. We have done this before, but I only had 1 child then, not 3!! I told my husband that I will be fine with renting as long as everyone has their own rooms and I can still have some of my 'stuff' with me. Sound a bit like a princess demanding things??? Hahaha!! He agreed, so I am semi-happy. We will be on the market officially in about 2 weeks.

Next, we bought a new car yesterday and this is something I am excited about! But we have 2 others we have to get rid of very quickly!!! So I am also not looking forward to the selling part here either.

My sister is having her baby shower next weekend so I will be leaving all my children and my husband at home for a night. I am soooo looking forward to this (is that being a bad mother?).

Christmas is fast approaching and I have lots to do. Still need to get a few more presents!

Then we are heading to my parents for a few days at Christmas (hopefully my sister has had her baby before), then home for 2 days and we pack up and head to the beach for a week!! Yay! We are going my husband's twin brother, his wife and their 3 boys too. We have rented a huge beach house and we are all staying together. Could be interesting LOL. 6 little boys and 4 adults.



Below is a project on the horizon (Ali - the handles are for this). My Mum has had this cabinet for years and it was from her grandfathers house. I know some of you are cringing at the thought of this being painted, but Mum is ready for a change in her house. I have the most divine handles on order for it and I know it will look divine when finished.





Below are some photo shots taken by Cruise (who is 5 and half). Good job babe!!!








And some new photos of me for blogging and facebook... I hate them, but don't we all!!!!

7 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Good to have you back Katrina. It is amazing the time we spend on the computer. I took Natasha's advice on her blog and set up Google reader. It has saved me so much time. Now I don't have to go through a zillion blogs a day. Cruise did a great job with the pics.Your Mum's cabinet will look great after a makeover.
Alison

Unknown said...

Oh Katrina, there's nothing like doing everything at once is there??Dont worry Im the same, I work better under pressure, and somewhere in between it all there is xmas.Good luck with your house.You know that saying, I cant get by without my mum, well it's really the computer!
Sue

Natasha Burns said...

Wow that should be fun moving! (not really!!!) Love the pics Cruise took, what a little photographer! You look so cute there!

(PS. Posted your package today!)

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Ohmigosh you have so much going on, how are you still sane?
I think your mums cabinet will look great by the way, we all need a change once in a while dont we.

And hey whats wrong with the pics of you !!!! I think you look fab!

xxoo

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Katrina! So nice to see you back blogging.....Your boys are adorable. I hope you have the best success selling your home and cars..Sounds like you are in for a busy year!
Penny
p.s. thanks for saying such nice things about my blog and my mosaic tea cart! And no, I am not keeping it. It is on my website for sale...www.lavenderhillstudio.com

Gail McCormack said...

Oh gee Katrina that was a great post, loved the photos and as for moving house, well you just seem to do it don't you? you seem so organised you'll breeze through everything...anyway lovely to have you back .... xxxx
p.s. you look as lovely and cheeky as your boys...of course in a pretty girly version

Ali said...

Hey cutie, great to see what those drawer pulls are for. Can't wait to see the finished after photos. Hope you are well hon and talk to you soon. Love the photos of the kids and of course to see what you look like too. They're are lovely. oxoxo Ali ox