Friday 19 October 2007

The Twits

I am taking my 5 year old to see this play tonight at the Theatre Company.
We are very excited as I loved this book as a child!


"The Twits" by Roald Dahl - as adapted by David Wood

Mr and Mrs Twit are sloppy and smelly. They don’t wash and they don’t clean but they do play nasty tricks on each other. For example Mr Twit put a big slimy frog in his wife’s bed, so to pay him back Mrs Twit cooks spaghetti worms for her husband to eat. Even worse than that, this horrible duo captures a family of Muggle-Wump Monkeys and keeps them hanging upside down in a cage. Luckily help is near at hand with the magic Roly-Poly Bird coming to the rescue with a hair-raising plan to save the Muggle-Wumps.

The Twits is one of Roald Dahl’s most popular stories and has consistently featured in the top 100 all time favourite books for children aged from 5 - 16. This adaptation by David Wood is a raucous and wonderfully wild tale of mayhem and mercy, played out through slapstick, music and drama and is a magical treat for all of the family.

6 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

You've struck a chord here with me, I absolutely utterly love LOVE love Roald Dahl's books. Still do!!! I have mine from when I was a kid and now I collect them. My favourites were The Twits, The BFG and The Witches. They are so magical and bring back great memories of fun times at school. I also read them for pleasure, imagine that! I loved Quentin Blake's illustrations too, how totally perfect! Enjoy The Twits, I bet it will be awesome!!!

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Katrina, Roald Dahl is fantastic. kids always love his books. You should have a wonderful night.
Alison

Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina,
Hope you enjoyed 'The Twits' play!
Bet it was heaps of fun!!!
Chat soon,
~~~Sarah~~~

Gail McCormack said...

Many a Roald Dahl book I've read to my kids, an all time favourite I think

Becky Bunn said...

My son loved Roald Dahl. Your little racal must have a great sense of humor, if he likes Roald Dahl.

Ali said...

lol, thought i would try through here then too lol. Glad you love the handles hon. Ok, another 7 of those draw pulls will be $85 inc Express Post hon. I will order them today and will let you know when they get in. Off to the snow tomorrow for 8 days for a holiday. Should be fun. Thanks for letting me know and just as well you caught me today. oxoxo thanks cutie and talk soon. Ali