Tuesday 22 January 2008

Help!

Here I go again wanting to switch things around in my home, but am sooooo undecided.

I have 2 particular rooms that I cannot decide which should be which ie. playroom/office or Cruise's bedroom.

One of the rooms is little (really should be an office) and is off the family room. Currently it is Cruises room. The room looks great and fits everything well but it has always bugged me for it's overall size and position in the house! While he goes to bed fine and sleeps through everything, he rises early as everyone wakes him.

Then the other room I have is next to our bedroom. Its quite big and I currently use this as the playroom. The kids do use this room for all their toys, mess, dvd watching and xbox. However, I have had this as Cruises room once before. I then used the other room as the office. While this worked well I was struggling with all the toys, mess and no where for them to go and 'do their thing'. I also liked the idea that the kids weren't sleeping right next to us at night as Andrew and I like to hang out in our room watching tv and talking.

So the question is, which is the best option....?

Points to consider:
Little room for Cruise - then I big room for the kids to hang out in all day?
Bigger room for Cruise and find alternatives for toys and play area?
Do I leave the tv and xbox in the current playroom which will then become Cruise's room, or does the kids tv become extinct?
The small room that becomes the office - can this have a tv in it for the xbox and kids dvd watching? Or will 3 kids and I all be hanging out in a tiny room as they play games and I blog?
Where will I put all the kids toys and where will I encourage the play?

OMG this is turning into something ridiculous isn't it??? Haha. I have swapped these rooms so many times but can never decide so I switch them back again!

If you have any ideas I would love to hear them!!

10 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

I say keep the little room for Cruise cos that is where he gets a better sleep. With school starting soon he will need all the sleep he can get.He doesn't really need a big room if all he does is sleep in there and then play with the other boys in the big room.
No doubt that has confused you even more.
Alison

Unknown said...

My goodness, you do have a problem, you sound just like me!!
Thanks for tagging me, If I can work out how to do it, I will definitely try!I agree with Alison!
Sue

roseroomnz.com said...

too hard, LOL, Rachael

Gail McCormack said...

Katrina aren't you meant to be selling your house, did I miss something? A little room is probably fine for him at the moment, keep the big room as the playroom for now.

Katrina Chambers said...

Hi Gail, just answering your question. While the house is still currently on the market, we only have about 2 weeks left on the contract. So seeing as we haven't sold it, we won't be relisting it and are happy to stay here and may try again in 6 months. I love my house and am happy to stay (for now!). It's my husband that has the 'building bug' again!! :)

Gail McCormack said...

You sound happy in the house, what ever's meant to be is meant to be. Tony used to be like that, always wanting to buy and sell, since we started doing what we are now he seems to have got the bug out of his system, thank goodness, I hate moving!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina,
I think I would put Cruise in the little room, if he's only sleeping there it should be fine. I have a suggestion for the bigger room though, could you put up a partition screen/room divider to give yourself a little space from the kiddies when you want to blog.
Hope all is going OK for the 1st day of school, how exciting!!!.
Sarah xx

Deb said...

Hi Katrina... I agree with Sarah, putting Cruise in the small room would be best as he his only there to sleep and the bigger room is great for all there playtime.
Hope all goes well for your little ones first day at school.
Take care.
Deb

Linda said...

Hi Katrina,
You seem to have a real dilemma, you could always do what we did, build a four bay shed down the very back of the back yard and use it as the kids playroom (only kidding) we are lucky enough to live on an acre so we were able to do that. Sorry I can't be more help.
Cheers Linda

Anonymous said...

That is a dilema! I guess I would keep it as it is unless there's another room that you could add to the mix.

Manuela