Saturday 15 December 2007

Preschool Christmas Fun





Tex had fallen over so has a bump in the middle of his forehead!





This is Cruise's last party at preschool as he starts Big School next year. Hooray!! He has 2 days left there next week, then is on holidays until the beginning of February when he starts kindergarten. Cruise will be 6 at the end of February. I was adamant that I was not sending him to school too early and would rather send him when he was just that bit older. I felt it was very important for him to be fully capable to handle school as so much more is expected of them from such an early age. I did not want him to struggle and being a real rough and tumble boy, I knew that it would be difficult to cope with tasks that require concentration. So after having him home this year I can now confidently say I have made the right decision and he is more than ready to go. I know now that he won't struggle. I was given the best education and the best help as a young child and I am determined to give all of that to my children.

Anyway, we had a great night! As you can see Chevy was not happy about Santa and Tex bolted in the other direction when I asked him to hop on Santa's lap! I think it makes a great photo with one missing!! I will always look at this picture and remember how Tex didn't want to cooperate. My mum always says it's a funnier photo when someone is missing!!!



9 comments:

roseroomnz.com said...

So precious and yes you will laugh in years to come about the one missing! They look so cute with their hair do's. Good decision re school, I become very weepy thinking about my baby in that big environment:)

Natasha Burns said...

LOL Cruise doesn't look to imipressed with Santa either, hehehe!!! Gee all your cute boys look like you don't they!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina,

Your boys look like they had a great time at the party, laughing at the fact all of us have had at least one or numerous 'Santa' pics with kids that are either not in them or screaming!!!!!

I agree with you holding back Cruise untill he is about to turn 6, we held back our youngest daughter & she wasn't 6 untill mid June & it's the best decision that we made, she was able to cope heaps better than the kids that were only 4 1/2 to 5 years old.

Have a great weekend,
~~~Sarah~~~

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Hiya Toots,

I so agree with you on keeping Cruise home for that extra year, I am the same with Sam. He could go to Kinder next year but he's not.Though he's smart as a whip I dont feel he is emotionally ready, poor little man has been through alot in his life already. So good on you for making the right choice.

oh and Sam wont have a bar of Santa either...you are not alone there ! LOL

xo

Gail McCormack said...

Your boys are so cute Katrina with their spiked, gelled hair, I certainly know which ones are yours in the group photo. Do you realise how many more kinda and school Chrissie parties you have ahead of you!
Good for you making the decision you did, it's quite a big decision to make isn't it?

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Hi Katrina, sorry I havent visited for a while! Looks like you are very busy with the end of the year too. Love that Santa photos, all my girls were terrified of Santa when they were little!! I think I have a few crying child pics too lol!!
Alicia ~ time worn style

Siobhan said...

Hi Katrina,

It is easier to hold on to your boys at a young age rather than relize latter what you should have done. I totally understand how boys can be...mine is a 'real typical boy' as well!!! It will make a heap of difference once he starts school next year! I bet he can not wait to go.

Love the santa pic!

Siobhan

Alison Gibbs said...

Love the preschool pics. Cruise looks a bit serious in some pics. He will certainly be better prepared for school now. Lachlan will be 6 in May and he will start school next year too. I am glad he was born just after the cut off date to start. There is no way he could have started this year as he is a bit of a gentle kid and also with the break up of his parents 15 months ago he had enough to deal with.
Just love the crying Santa pic. What a laugh the boys will get out of that when they're grown up.
Alison

Peta said...

That Santa photo is hilarious! How fed up does Santa look LOL?