Sunday 18 November 2007

Nothing is Easy

I am away at my parents house and I just had to blog...

Hubby is at home with 3 children and yesterday afternoon he rings me and says he has an excruciating ear ache. To the point that he could barely talk! I knew it was bad as he usually wouldn't complain (especially because I am away and he wouldn't want me to think he couldn't cope).

So after 10 phone calls I convinced him to ring his mother to come and look after the kids. It was 9pm and they were all sound asleep and I thought it would be better for him to go to the outpatients at the hospital while they were asleep as Andrew's mother is 73 and my boys are hard to handle. So after lots of angry voices, he decided to go. 5 mins after the phone call when he agreed to go, i had this feeling that he would forget his wallet and in it was his medicare card, so I ring his mobile. Yep, no wallet! Call it a 6th sense!!! So meanwhile he is grumbling and turns around to head back home.

So to cut a long story short.... he spends 3 hrs at the hospital, only to see a young Dr that gave him panadol and sent him home!!! I was in shock! And I was mad at Andrew for not speaking up and telling the Dr he needed more than panadol - more like antibiotics! He has now got a Dr appointment this morning at the Private Hospital (which wasn't open last night) and hopefully he can get some pain relief. Meanwhile I have had to ring my sister-in-law to come and get the kids for a while.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! What a drama...

Anyway, on a lighter note I am having a fabouls time, shopping, drinking, swimming, motorbike riding (my brother has a fab motorbike), more shopping... and then the baby shower this arvo. What a life hey?

4 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Katrina how wonderful that you were out of the house when all this was going on with Andrew.
Great timing.
Alison

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

you know what, Shane had a very similar problem one night. he took himself up to the hospital at midnight and yep a few hours later he came home with a few drops of something or other in his ear and thats it ! Big deal, i could have done that for him!
Its makes you wonder hey.
Hope Andrews feeling better now but. Earaches are so painful.

Glad your having a fab time, have a hoon around on the bike for me ok!

xo

Natasha Burns said...

Oh aren't they all the same!!!! They need to be near dying to get to a doctor or hospital!

Ali said...

Oh no, hope hubby is feeling better by now. I just realised you weren't on my favourite blogs list so have added you now and will drop in more often. Sorry hon, i haven't been too diligent with the old blog. oxoxo ali