Friday 23 November 2007

Disappointed

UPDATE: I have heard from this person (funny that!), but I am not going to continue chasing them. We will see what happens!


I really didn't want to write this post, but thought I might be able to vent my frustrations, plus put a gentle warning out there to those that are too kind for their own good!!!

Someone (that we all blog with lots) bought some items from me in early October. I was very grateful. This person lives a long way from me, so Australia Post was too expensive to send the items with. So my husband knows a courier very well and approached him about his costs. The courier told Andrew to box them up and bring them to him for a quote. I notfied the person who bought the items of these intentions. I had also said that if the courier takes them from my husband straight away and sends them are you just happy for me to make that split decision and send them? I said I am sure this courier would look after us and wouldn't charge a great deal. The person who bought the items said yep no worries go with it and let me know the price asap and I will pop money straight into your account.

So here is my mistake - thinking that I 'knew' this person from the blogging land and I ASSUMED all would be fixed up. So I sent the items (like I said earlier the courier took them from my husband as a favour) without receiving the money. As it turned out the courier only wanted a carton of beer for transporting these (BIG) items so far. So I bought him the beer and sent out the final invoice to the 'customer'.

Emails were exchanged and the payment was promised. Over and over again I have sent requests for the payment to be made and still there have been promises..... but 5 weeks later I don't have the money ($92 to be exact).

There is a lesson here to all of us - trust no one and don't do favours for people! Also I have learnt to never ever send anything to anyone without payment first (even if you think you know who they are).

I feel really really bad about blogging this, but it has totally turned me off selling. I really didn't want it to come to this but what was I supposed to do??

16 comments:

roseroomnz.com said...

Hi Katrina, that's such a shame you experienced that. Yes a lesson for all of us. Don't let it put you off selling though, its just one person. Take care - Rachael

Natasha Burns said...

What a bummer Katrina. I must admit i have done that many times but hubby tells me I should wait until I am paid. Guess i am too trusting too. And it is harder to ask friends for money too isn't it, you feel bad doing it which is silly really. Hope you get your money very soon, that's just not fair and not right.

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Hey Katrina, Im so sorry that you had that happen to you. Its horrible when someone you think you know lets you down like that. Please dont let one horrid person spoil it for you though,not everyone is like that. Chin up Bella and just remember WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND and people like that will ALWAYS get theirs in the end.

Hugs To You,
Shann xo

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Hi Katrina thats sad that you were so nice and got slapped in the face,I have done that on ebay twice now and they got the item and i got nothing so i know how bad it feels.You are a nice person so sooner or later it will come back upon that other person.
Hugs
Jullie

Make Mine Pink said...

Miss Katrina:

I agree with you I would have posted it also, but I would have posted there name so everyone would be aware of this person, but that's just the way I am, I am so sorry this happened to you and by all means continue selling your wonderful items and just forget the dishonest people out there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina,
I too share your dissapointment. What a shame that one person has to ruin it for everyone.
I hope the person that was involved reads your blog & coughs up the money, not that it makes the situation any better, but at least you would have the cash.
I hope you have a change of heart & continue selling your goodies.
Have a fabulous weekend.
~~~Sarah~~~

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Oh Katrina,
I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope that person realizes how wrong they are and pays you.
Penny

Lori said...

how very sad that this happened to you! i'm glad that you shared this,
because you are right...there is a lesson here...i hope you do get payment soon...
still can't figure out how to insert the signature...thanks for the info...i will keep trying:)

Elle Jay Bee said...

Don't you just hate when people scam you?? Hopefully there is a good reason behind her non-payment. Otherwise, it is a very biter pill to swallow that someone who professed to be a friend would dupe you like that...

Take care,
Linda

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Doesnt sound like a "friend" at all. Absolutely appalling to say the least to abuse your kindness like that! However what goes around comes around eventually!! Am very curious as to who would do such a thing....

cherub*wishes said...

Hi Katrina ;o)
I'm sure you did not want to have do this & put this individual on Shout!
Hard lessons like this that make us think twice the next time... but like the African-American Proverb says "One monkey don't stop the show!" & remember to get paid first girlfriend ;o)
Dionne

Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina,
It's never a good feeling when you know you have been ripped off and there's nothing you can do about it! Hope whoever it is feels guilty and pays you the money that you are owed.
Better luck in the future!
Kathy :)

Artifax said...

So sorry this happened to you! And it's always so much harder when this happens with a friend. I hope this individual realizes what they've done and not only pays you promptly but apologizes for their behavior.

Ali said...

Oh sweety, i am so sorry to hear of this bad news. I do hope this person has a very good reason for their lateness. Don't be put off though hon, just a little more cautious maybe in the future. I have to confess to sending without payment too, especially if they have proven themselves before. Oh well, don't let it blow your faith in general though hon. PS. The shaker pegs are used on like shabby towel rails or railway sleeper rails. So you would drill a hole and then hammer the peg in and then you would hand a towel on it etc. Sorry for the bad description lol. The small ones would be good for making key ring rails and the bigger for towel etc. Hope that makes sense. ox Ali

Siobhan said...

Hi Katrina,

I so hope you get your money! This is not a nice thing to happen at all! Fingers crossed it all works out.

Siobhan

Anonymous said...

Such a Shame that one person could have possibly ruined it for everyone else! I agree with make mine pink!! Post their name shame may bring them to make payment.(Sorry I wouldnt be able to help myself!!) Sorry this has happened. Chin up!! Mandii