Wednesday 3 October 2007

My Outdoor Area

I have been giving my outdoor pergola area a bit of a freshen up. I haven't really done anything too exciting, but have added a few items I had stored away for a while. I am very keen to get a timber deck out there, a new table and some timber slats to close it in, but I can't really build these things! This is something I will have to wait for my husband to do. The deck especially is a job that has to be done over consecutive days as it would be too dangerous to leave it unfinished for long periods of time. He works a fair bit, so this will have to wait until he is free!!!

The area is rather big (well to me anyway, I am sure it's not that big to anyone else), and is rather long and the roof is very high. So I have always found this space hard to work with. Firstly, the floor needs to be brought up, and there needs a screening from the roof down to just above head height to close it in a bit more. It is also far too sunny, so hopefully some screening will help. We will be doing the screening in the next few weeks as this is only a small job so I will add some more pictures when done!









8 comments:

OhhMy Gifts & Things said...

I enjoyed seeing your patio! Good luck with the wooden deck. We built one and it WAS a lot of work.

Gail McCormack said...

Katrina loved your outdoor photos, it must be something in the air as I've just posted something in the same theme, very different to your outdoor area as our house is quite old and the poor garden a bit run down, but isn't it great to see all the different styles

Siobhan said...

Very nice! Sometimes it is the little things that sake so much differnce. Love it!

Sweet Remembrance said...

Your yard is lovely!
Enjoy...
Priscilla

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It is so fun to have a decorating project to dream about and work on. You yard is very inviting.
Penny

Anonymous said...

Looks just like my favorite places in the U.S.!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina,
It all looks lovely! I really LOVE all of your pots, especially the big white ones. And that rocking chair just looks soooo inviting!
Kathy :)

love.boxes said...

lovely!