Friday 21 September 2007

Oh What Shall I Do? Swap & Things

"Oh What Shall I Do?" is what I have labeled this post because I need some help! I found this today and I have a little friend who runs a huge junk shop and when I asked him how much he had on it, he said "you have it (then he giggled - he always giggles), but tell your husband I had nothing to do with this one...."!!!! Ha Ha hilarious! So, we jam it into my car (3 kids in the back too I might add) and off I head back into town. I drive straight to Andrew at work and he looks in the car and yells "NO MORE", but I had a smile on my face and then he started laughing and says "what the hell do you think you are doing with that??". I said well, I am going to use it of course. I asked him for some paint stripper, a scrapper and a brush, but of course he was far too busy to find it for me so I drive off yelling "thanks for your help" (sarcastic and smiling).

So now I have it out of my car and on the lawn. I have intentions of using it outside, but my outdoor area is not as I would like it, so for now I will use it inside.

The dilemma is... will i clean it up and roughly paint it so I have the chippy and aged feel, or will I completely strip and start all over?? I want to keep the original birdcage in it, but this will need a new bottom and a bit if a fix-up. But then again, I own lots of wire bird cages (white, cream, brown, black), so will I pop a new cage on it?






Next I have to post the pictures of the paper dresses I received from the lovely Becky at Hand In My Heart (you must visit her!). These are the most gorgeous things I have ever seen!! I am still wandering around with them, not sure where to put them. I don't want to hide them anywhere, I am pondering the perfect spot. The attention to detail is magnificent. And look at the card she made me with the letter K on it. I love layers (I like to layer everything - from bedding to clothes), so I was very impressed with that one!! When I finally get around to doing Becky's paper dresses I will post some pictures (boy and do I have big shoes to live up to hehehe). Swap closes in about 2 weeks so I promise I will have them to you soon Becky!










Just a couple of random pics here of me still washing (I don't know why I say "still" because I have to get over it and realise it ain't gonna end EVER), and here is a picture of my new outdoor candelabra I bought a couple of weeks ago. I love it!!!



8 comments:

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

WOOOOHOOOO this is a big one today!! so much to see !!!
ok LOVIN the birdcage, Andrews reaction cracks me up :) I'd paint it and then distress it i think. I love the cage, it has those scrolly door bits.

Those paper dresses are TO DIE FOR amazing and gorgeous!!!!The loveliest i think ive ever seen. What a talented girl she is. I am halfway thru mine....must get them finished.

Ok last but not least the candlelabra is WOWZA BABY!!!! holy toledo i bet that looks gorgeous lit up.

Now get crackin on that washing woman!!
im doing mine too today. yippee NOT.

Luvs Ya,
Shann xo

Alison Gibbs said...

Gotta love Andrew's reaction. It is definately a male reaction. Max sort of just shakes his head at me and then rolls the eyes. God they are funny. Doesn't make any difference we still keep bringing treasures home!!
Love the cage stand. Chippy painted look sounds good to me.
What lovely paper dresses. I am half way through mine - trying to make my mind up on how much to add to it without it being over the top!
Love the candleabra. You'll have to take a night time shot and show it lit up.
Have fun in that laundry.
Thanks for visiting my blog.Amy is lucky I didn't put in last weeks photo of a bare belly. It has been my job to take regular side on shots so she can look back at it.
Have a great weekend.
Alison

Anonymous said...

I agree with Shannon to distress the cage & stand.
The paper dresses are so cute, I wish I had the patience to do it.
I love the candelabra, bet it looks great when lit up...
~~~Sarah~~~

Michelle said...

Oh, I especially love your paper dresses! The hangers are so great! What a fun find, don't worry they always come around after the project is done! And thanks for the encouraging words about my sofa, I really appreciate it! Love your blog!

Unknown said...

Hey Katrina,
I have a few of those stands! I like the chippy look with a bit of rust showing through, so maybe give it another coat and ruff it up!
The cage is so cute, great size!
You are lucky you have a good sized laundry, mine is a cupboard, which is fine, I can just close the doors....or can I?? If there wasnt so much washing piled up, I could close them!!Have fun with that!!
Sue
PS. My hubby is way past that reaction now, in fact my verandah is sooo full, he wouldnt know what is on it, he cant get out the door!

Chi Chi La La Designs said...

Hi Katrina - the cage & stand are lovely! I'm sure whatever you decide to do to it will look smashing. I had to laugh at your washing basket - looks just like mine - I call it the magic pudding - you finally empty it & it just keeps filling up again!!
Have a great weekend
Nikki ox

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Katrina, you are funny!
love your bird cage stand, what I do when I have something to paint like that, I leave it out in my painting section outside don't sand it, cause all the bumps make the intersting bits when you give it the final sand, when I paint a frame or whatever, I just sort of slap the extra paint from the brush onto the whatever, leave it out in the weather, then after lots of slapping with left over paint colours, give it a bit of a light sand with fine sand paper, then just seal it with a spray varnish. Well that's my method anyway. Funny, I have to hide my latest buys from Tony, he takes them and resells them! sad!
Gail
xo

Anita said...

What an absolutely awesome candelabra!! Did you get it new or used? It's gorgeous!