Friday 29 February 2008

Sofa (or Lounge as Australian's call them)

Yesterday i was helping my sister-in-law to decide on a chair that she wants to purchase for a landing she has at the top of her staircase. The little spot is very sunny and has a huge window that looks out over our city. Huge house! She loves the Wing Back chair and the pictures below are from Molmic. She is still undecided on the fabric. Today she is also off to look at some made by Laura Ashely so I will show pictures when she decides.







While we were browsing in a shop that stock Molmic I have found the lounges of my dreams! These photos do not even do them justice!!! The style below is exactly what I want (one day!) but the fabric print is not my favourite. The one in the store was much more exotic with a cute velvet brown check with angora-feel throw cushions in creams and browns. I was in heaven!!! Retails for $4000 (Australian) and $1000 for the ottoman (which I would have to have!). This lounge is HUGE. This photo doesn't nearly show it's size. It is almost like a double bed!

This lounge below is also by Molmic and it comes with 4 seasonal slip covers. I loved it. This one would suit me perfectly as I can change the covers often to suit my mood. Retailing for $3000 (Australian).


Below are a few pictures from Laura Ashely.





6 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Katrina, so many gorgeous looking sofas to chose from.
It is always a tough decision.
Alison

Siobhan said...

Hello Katrina,

Love the lounges! I like your favourite ones too...you know you could always get them made? I had ours made custom direct for the factory and they ended up being so much cheaper!!! Same people who makes them for all the big brands too.

I have a few suprises going on over my blog so drop by. xo

Siobhan xo

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi check my blog I have given you an award
Alison

Gail McCormack said...

Very nice indeed Katrina!

SHARON LUV'S SHABBY said...

Hi Katrina, LUV your lounge pics. I would definately need the one with the slipcovers, but the other one looks so comfy. I've had my eye on a lounge in everyday living for a couple of years now, but it's a creamy white and I don't think my husband and kids would be able to handle it yet...
Luv
Sharon

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I love the idea of the sofa coming with seasonal slipcovers!