Tuesday 18 September 2007

SHOCK HORROR TODAY I AM WASHING

I just hate to wash! I absolutely hate it. I will do it under sufferance and tend to leave it for a day or two (or three) here and there! I think it's because it is so time consuming.

Sorting, into the machine, hanging out, drying, bringing it in, folding, ironing and putting away. Boy that even sounds worse when I am typing it!! If I could just washing it and put it out, then somehow it miraculously ended up back in the cupboards then I might (might!) just cope with it. With my three boys and a dirty husband I think I could wash all day most of the time! Luck I have a good sized laundry to hide it all in haha.

So yesterday, I decided I might give my laundry a bit of a spruce up. I bought a shelf, painted it and played around with some things to put on it. I love my laundry now!! I think I will head down to the shops tomorrow to buy a few more bits and pieces, but for now I think it's ok.

So today I AM WASHING....











Also here are the goodies I received from Joyce from the Cotton N Candy swap hosted by Shannon. I just love them Joyce, thanks so much!!!





We had a great weekend at my bro's 21st. I was very weary the next day! Too much to drink - but hey, I am allowed to let my hair down now and then!! It's hard work being a "yummy mummy" and trying to keep up with the 20 year olds ya know!

I am hoping to get a few more projects finished in the next few days, so I will be back with more pics soon.

Have a good one!
Katrina :)

8 comments:

Joyce at Salisburys Corner said...

OOOO I am glad it arrived and you liked it, I know the tussie wasnt cotton, but it has cotton flowers on it, and it was gorgeous!!!the white thing BTW is a pashmina- IM sure you know that lol, they are gorgeously warm!!

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

ok so when are you coming to do my laundry? Or should i just drop it off to you? Id be happy to do my washing in your laundry! I have not much room at all in mine!

So glad your swap arrived. Enjoy piggin' out on all those yummies .

xo Shann

Alison Gibbs said...

Good job on the laundry. Wait til those darling little guys get bigger...the clothes are bigger... means more loads of washing.
Your swap goodies certainly look yummy.
Sounds like you had fun at the 21st.
Alison

love of yellow roses said...

i love the pink tussie mussie you got. by the way i completly know where you are coming from on the laundry situation. i have three boys and I believe that as soon as you get your lanudry room cleaned up and all the laundry done, it multilplies and you have even more to do the next time.

Natasha Burns said...

I can't imagine how much laundry you have to do. I have only one boy and a dirty hubby too and I'm constantly doing it... like Alison says, they clothes are only going to get bigger, oh no! I love what you did with it, too cute! I put a big painting up in my laundry, if I am going to spend time in there it might as well be a little pretty. But I'm with you on hating doing it!

Thanks for cheering for my boys! hope they win this weekend, we are making the trip over to the hostile environment!

Kara said...

oh i do wish i lived abroad and had the space for a laundry room, yours looks about the same size as my kitchen, british houses are so pookey.
love the shelf and goodies gorgeous tin retro ness
kara
xx

Gail McCormack said...

Your laundry looks great, it's amazaing how a bit of a sort and some pretty things can transform a room. Getting clothes off the line at night is one of my jobs I hate, specially during winter, but then I like clean clothes!

Cherub*Kisses said...

Hi Katrina!
Must agree with you ... laundry! that neverending ughh!! but if I had a laundry room that look like this one pictured ... I might be a little more joyful ha!ha!ha!
So pretty ;o)
Have a sweet day! Dionne