Tuesday 14 August 2007

Wear Sunscreen and My house is a mess!

Note added Wednesday 15th- results of this nasty spot came back not good. I am now seeing another Dr and will be having a huge part of my forehead chopped out. Ouch!!
Lesson is - check your skin!!


I know that this picture is not the prettiest, but look at what I had done to my face!!! I have 3 stitches in that spot right in the middle of my head. And that wasn't it!!! I had another 4 burnt off my face. I am only just 30 and loved the sun as a kid. I stopped all the sun baking and things years ago, but look what can happen....
My 5 year olds hat is glued to his head now as the stitches gave him a fright. I said, look what has happened to mummy. He asked did it hurt? I said absolutely! I am getting worse as I get older and tend to faint at anything these days. With 1 natural labour, 2
caesareans and a lifetime of another yucky illness, you would like I could handle a few stitches! What a sook I am haha.



On to more fun things... Look at the state of my house! I have been madly scrapping and can't seem to finish any pages with the kids asking for things all day, so here it stays in a mess. Oh well, at least it will all be worth it!!







9 comments:

Peta said...

Ouch! I must get my skin checked. Was everything ok after they cut it off?

Katrina Chambers said...

Hi Peta, I will see pathology reports tomorrow. It was just a red sore spot that never seemed to go away. Fingers crossed it's all gone! Slip slop slap! Katrina :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Katrina,
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I have added you to my faves.

Glad someone else lives in the real world with a house that is not always picture purfect, at the moment my dining table has my overlocker, sewing machine & dinner dishes on it!

Hope all goes well with the pathology results. Will check back in a couple of days for a report on how you went.

~~~Sarah~~~

www.shabbyrosesandprettythings.com

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Katrina, thank you for the tip on the screen! Sounds like a wonderful idea.

I hope you are feeling better soon and your tests come back ok.

Hugs to you!
Heather

Alison Gibbs said...

Katrina, Good luck with your pathology results.

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

hey sweets, gonna email you privately and see whats happening.
xxoo

Siobhan said...

Hello Katrina,

You poor thing! I hope all goes well. It is all very scary with the skin cancer.

My mum used to tell me to put coconut old on my body at the beach!!! Looking at it now that was a very silly thing to do!

Siobhan xo

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I hope everything goes well for you. Glad to see someone else has a mess. How does anyone keep things clean when working with paper?

Gina said...

Your feelings are completely understandable.